Date: Saturday, September 29th, 2012
Time: 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM (Be sure to come on time so that you can register. We have a lot planned!)
Location: UC Riverside (900 University Ave. Riverside, CA 92521) – We will be meeting in the CHASS Interdisciplinary North building in Room 1020!
It’s not uncommon for members to get lost, and so we recommend planning ahead so that the entire drop off/pick up/parking process is quick and easy. We have a packed schedule, so please do your best to arrive on time. I suggest that you familiarize yourself with this UCR campus and print out the map when the big days gets closer: Campus Map
Theme: Sailing the Seas for Service
Attire: Incorporate the theme! Need Ideas? Think of red and blue, nautical print, anchors, boats, sailors – be creative!
Bring: $5 for pizza and beverages (yes we are feeding you), note taking tools, and a mind with memorized cheers.
I know a lot of you have been waiting for this! After countless of questions about when our next Region Training Conference will be, here’s all the details. This is one of the biggest of events of the term, aside from Fall Rally at Six Flags and the District Convention in Anaheim! RTC made me fall in love with Key Club. You won’t regret attending! Here’s the know-how breakdown of everything RTC:
- What: Region Training Conference(RTC): Meet Key Clubbers from other schools and divisions, attend workshops to learn how to make the most of your Key Club experience, find out about upcoming events, and just have fun. There will be a spirit session at the end, in which we’ll cheer our hearts out and strive to win the spirit stick over four other divisions!
- Who: Everyone! Officers, old members, new members, advisors, you! This is a great way to give members a taste of Key Club before Fall Rally. Key Clubbers from Division 6 South, 36 East, 36 West, and 47 will also be joining us! That’s right! It won’t only be the penguins here. Key Clubbers will be traveling from afar to come to UCR – we are very fortunate to have it so close by, so thank them for their efforts by showing them what D6N is all about.
- All officers are encouraged to attend to truly provide their club with the best knowledge, especially if the school did not attend the Officer Training Conference in June. However, this event is for everyone, so spread the word!
- Special Guest: Lloyd Chen – The Cali-Nev-Ha District Secretary of Key Club. He’s coming from Elk Grove in Northern California just to attend our RTC, so let’s assure that his time spent with us was not time wasted.
Suggested To Do List:
- Publicize the event to your fellow club members. Make sure everyone knows that it’s happening.
- Memorize the cheers that we will be teaching at the August DCM. We will be going head-to-head with all the other divisions in a spirit session and since they’ll be in the boundaries of our division, we want to win that spirit stick!
- Arrange carpools: Get your rides situated now so that you don’t have to worry about it in the future.